Friday, February 27, 2009

Uniform Inspection Day




27 Feb 09
Friday
(day 55)


We had our official dress uniforms inspected this morning. The Army still allows both a green and a dress blue uniform (as in what Doug is wearing in that picture above), even though the greens are going away in a few years. But we all had to purchase at least one or the other for this program, as we will need them at our respective Units later. Besides, there will be a Ball near the end where we (and spouses) get to dress up and have a night on the town. (OK, maybe not really on the town, but you know what I mean).
They're pretty serious about the Uniforms, too. There are books you can buy that tell you exactly what is and is not authorized on the uniform (such as pins, patches, etc). And you have to wear them at the exact location on your uniform, or it's wrong. The cadre literally went around with rulers and measured to see if your cross was exactly 1 inch below the seam and the "U.S." pin was 1 inch above! And, they have to line up in a straight line down the middle. If not, then you have to re-do it. The Colonel checked my bow-tie and told me he was going to make me do push-ups if it had been a "clip on." Thank goodness it was not. I ordered my uniform on-line and got it right!
Personally, I think I look like an airline pilot with that hat. My kids laughed at me over the webcam when they saw the hat, so what's that tell you? (Thanks for the encouragement!)




1 comment: