Monday, January 26, 2009

Go AZ Cardinals!


26 Jan 09

It was a very long day today. We started and ended with exercise. The morning PT consisted of the usual stretching and then a 2 mile run. We ran in group formations based on our times in the first test we took a week or so ago. The fastest in the class are in group A, the next fastest in group B, and so forth down to groups C and D. I am in group C, which means I am not that fast and have room for improvement (but my stamina is good). They will expect me to move up to group B by the end of the Program. Anyway, I felt strong throughout the run, and never had to stop (as many did). But what makes this hard are the hills. Where I live we don't have too many hills, and so this is new territory for me. It's hard, but it's a good workout. After a full day of classroom instruction, and mail-call at 4:45 pm (1645), they told us to be back out at the PT field by 5:20 pm (1720). They put us through a series of wind-sprints on the track for another hour. It was awful! I know a lot of my peers could not finish, it was that challenging. I had to walk a few times, but I stayed with it and huffed air like crazy, and I made it to the end. That felt goood.

As for the mail today... my wonderful family mailed me a new T-shirt. It's the one I'm wearing in the picture: 2008 Conference Champions (AZ Cardinals). Now I have something to wear for the Super Bowl party here this weekend. That was a great gift. Thank you! In the picture you can see my screen saver and all of the cards and letters I have received so far. I am taping them to the wall to decorate my dorm room, so keep 'em coming. I want to fill up that wall! (My address here is listed in a previous blog).


No comments:

Post a Comment