Sunday, March 14, 2010

Las Vegas Here We Come











14 March




I am sorry I have not added any blogs recently, but I took a week or so off to spend time with the family. Lots of other stuff going on, and I just did not get around to writing and posting blogs. But last night we watched the new movie, Julie and Julia, about Julia Child and a woman who tries to cook all of her famous recipes while blogging throughout the experience. It was a so-so movie, but it made me want to get back to my blog. Sorry for the long break.

We spent three days at Las Vegas this past week as a family get-a-way. My wife and I had not been there for over a decade, so it was a weird experience going back. Lots of changes (some good, some bad). My children had never been there, so it was an eye opener for them (again, sometimes good, sometimes bad). We warned them ahead of time that not everything they will see will be honoring to the Lord. They did not quite understand what we meant until we arrived in town and they saw some of those huge electronic bill boards! Now they know! So we tried to do the family friendly things, such as visit the M&M store and the Coca Cola store, play in the pool, and go to a magic show. By the way, if you ever get there and are looking for a fun, family friendly show, go see Mac King's magic and comedy show at Harrah's. It is the cheapest ticket in town, and it was fantastic! We were all giggling for days thinking about some of his tricks.

Anyway, it was fun and an enjoyable time away. But all good things must come to an end, such as this R&R Leave. It's a strange feeling knowing that you have to go back to a war. Truthfully, I am dreading the 23 hours on a plane getting back to the other side of the world more than actually being there again. I kind of want to go back if only to get the second half started. The sooner I go back the sooner the entire experience gets over! I guess that's how I am looking at it for now. I also expect to be pretty busy the second half, and I will be preaching more, too. So it should be a good experience. I want to thank everyone who has been praying for me so far, and can only ask that you continue praying for me and my family throughout the second half as well. Thank you. (By the way: I added more pictures in the blog below. Check those out, too)

No comments:

Post a Comment