Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Navigating Minefields




Wed 31 Mar
I am so glad March is almost over! The time is passing quicky--at least when you look back on it. I can't wait for the summer to get here!! The last week has been extremely difficult on me, as I am going through a personal and painful learning process. All I can really say is I am learning the hard way about Army politics and what minefields to avoid. I have not done a very good job of that recently, and all of it by accident. That's the hard part of it all, not knowing about the particular minefield before you step into it! Then it's too late!! Some people in the military can be really mean and uncaring. I'm not sure why, but maybe by giving someone rank they feel they can treat others poorly. Probably because they were treated that way by someone then they were of lower rank. And so the cycle continues on...

But some people have been gracious to me and understand that it is a learning curve for every new Soldier and officer. I am grateful for that. God has also put a few good friends here to lift me back up and encourage as well as educate me along the way. I am grateful for that as well.

Trials can be painful. James 1:2 says, "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance." It is very hard to see beyond the clouds to not only "praise God in the storm" but also to consider the storm (the trial) joyful. I am working hard on that, and so would cherish your continued prayers. Many of you have emailed your kind words and prayerful comments, and I am thankful. Please keep them coming! Gotta go for now. I am adding a picture of two Chaplains I work with and a beautiful sunset a few days ago. (I was preaching on Palm Sunday in that picture, by the way). More in a few days.

1 comment:

  1. It's great to see an update from you. And, I'm so glad that friends have come along side you to encourage and inform you of the "minefields"

    You sound to have a great attitude!

    You have many people caring and praying for you from AZ and KY.

    Hugs and blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete