Tuesday, November 03, 2009

1st Week Over


3 Nov 09
Well, I completed my first week of actual deployment in a war zone. It does not feel like a war zone where I am at, but the reality is something different all around us. Many of our Soldiers in more remote locations are already in much more dangerous situations. So please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

As for me, I've been shadowing the out-going Chaplain for the past week. We'll do this for a total of two weeks, as they call it Right Seat, Left Seat training (he drives for the first week, then I drive for the 2nd). After that he goes home. His Unit is anxious to get out of here, and we can't blame them. Our time will come, too. Someday I'll be in his position (and drooling to get on the Westbound plane!). Lots of planes and helicopters coming and going from here at all hours. I don't mind the noise, though. It reminds me of home (but louder), and it is the sound of freedom. So I love to hear and see those jets go by overhead.

Watch the NFL show with Howie Long and Terry Bradshaw this upcoming weekend. They're going to be doing it live from Afghanistan, so tape it if you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment