Wednesday, November 04, 2009

A few more pictures





Here are a few more pictures of my new "home." One is an updated picture of my room, with a few more pictures on the wall than previously. My dog Chance is with me now, and the black and white photo on the bulletin board is of my girls and the neighbors on Halloween night in their costumes. I love that photo. You can also see the sheets hanging down from the ceiling. The plywood walls only go about 6 feet up, and so there is a gap the rest of the way to the ceiling. So people hang rugs, sheets, more wood -- anything to give you more privacy. As it stands, I can still hear everything from the other 5 guys in this hut, but at least they don't stand in the hall and peek over into my room!
Another picture is of the area I live in from a second story level. You can see the many roof-tops of our huts as well as the snowcapped mountains beyond. The mountains are rugged and gorgeous here, and most will be covered with snow in a few weeks (so they tell us).
The last picture is of the local weight room inside the tent. They call it a "clam shell" because they pull up the sides during the day for light and fresh air. Its a pretty neat facility. You can almost see a row of exercise bikes and treadmills in that picture. I've been working out there already and plan to be "ripped and buff" when I come home! You won't recognize me. My assistant also wants me to take a martial arts class in the evenings -- to learn how to kick some butt (like I have nothing else to do while here)! We'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment