Sunday, November 22, 2009

Travel by Helicopter




This was pretty cool. We flew in a Chanook helicopter to visit some of our Soldiers up in the hills. I also got to watch the Michigan vs. Ohio State game from Afghanistan this year! The outcome stunk, but it was still fun to watch it nonetheless. I will try to upload a few pictures if I can. The picture with the Soldier in the back of the helicopter (or "bird" as they call it here) is my favorite. She is harnessed in, and she had the best view in the house! It was awesome. The landscape was desolate and mountainous and brown. Every now and then we would pass a village, but it was hard to see much from my seat. This helicopter does not have a back door (only a ramp), so we could see partially out the back as we flew. Did I mention it was very cold?

No comments:

Post a Comment