Friday, May 28, 2010

Army Buddies




28 May
Tonight we celebrated the birthday of one of my good friends from this deployment. His name is Stephen and he has been my PT partner and a good source of information for me about Army stuff. He's been in 17 years now, and he's one of the smartest guys I know, so I often look to him for an explanation to some of this stuff. In the picture you will see a handful of the "junior" officers in the Battalion (Lieutenants and Captains). We all went out to dinner together tonight and spent some quality time together. They say misery loves company, and most of these officers here went through a rough time this deployment. The Company Commander position, Operations, Human Resources, and Supply can be extremely hectic places to work in the Army, not to mention in a deployed environment. With the exception of the guy on the left, this is a quality group of people, and I'm proud to call them friends.

The second picture is of a buddy back home who served in the Army a few years back. A knee injury ended his military career, otherwise I'm sure he'd love to be here with me now. He is a great friend from church who supports me back home with a bracelet that he won't take off until I come home. Now that's pretty cool! However, he is a Notre Dame fan, but I don't hold that against him. The only problem is I have yet to receive a card or letter or even a post card from him! It's heart breaking. Someone tell him that I'm just not feeling the love from my Army buddy back home. It's tragic.

1 comment:

  1. I left the Army back in the eighties. Wish I could contact some people I was stationed with but it was too long ago. If you visit my blog page you can see pictures I took and read books written by myself and a friend. YOu'll like John if you are a Chaplain. Maybe show the blog to some one else so it gets spread around.

    ReplyDelete