Sunday, October 18, 2009

Dad's Funeral


18 Oct 09

We said goodbye to my dad at his funeral yesterday. It was held as my parent's church, and quite a few people showed up. Friends from old neighborhoods, jobs, and churches came to pay their last respects to my dad and several stood to share memories and pay a final tribute. It was a nice ceremony. My dad had asked me to give the message a few months ago, and I was honored to do so. I broke down a bit at first, but many prayers and kleenex got me through it! I could not have asked for a better earthly father. He loved us, encouraged us, taughted us, disciplined us, supported our sports and music, etc... He was there for us.

I will miss you dad, but I know you're in a better place... and I know I'll see you again someday soon in Heaven! Thank you, God, for my dad.

1 comment:

  1. Darren,

    I'm so sorry for the loss of your father. Though he is in a better place, I'm sure it is difficult not to have him in this place anymore. I am so thrilled, however, that he was able to see you graduate and begin living out the call God has placed on you. I know that was a deep desire for you. Praise God for that answered prayer.

    I will be remembering your family.

    ReplyDelete