Saturday, October 24, 2009

Seasons of Change

24 Oct 09
Well, I'm back at my training site again. I was able to go home for an extended period of time due to the funeral, but all good things must come to an end. I had to come back! It was hard being back here that first night, standing in formation in the cold and darkness, wondering what my family was doing at that very moment. No fun. But God is good. He gives you the strength to carry on when you serve him, especially when Satan is trying to discourage you and get you to quit. That's when you need to hang in there the most, and stay in the game and continue the fight.

I am going to sneak in a favorite Bible verse in an invocation prayer I have to give today. This one speaks to me personally...
"...but those who trust in the Lord will renew their strength; they will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary; they will walk and not grow faint" (Isaiah 40:31).

God spoke to Joshua to be strong and courageous. He told him that He (God) would never leave him nor forsake him. I love that verse (Joshua 1:9) because it gives me strength as well. But earlier, God spoke to Moses (Deut. 1:6) in a way that also speaks to me here at this training. I have entered a new season of my life--in more ways than one. Several family members have recently gone home to be with the Lord, and I am now far away from those I love the most. But God is using this time of training in my life (and theirs), and He promises to never leave us nor forsake us. I like that! Thank you, God.
I'll Talk you you all again soon.

1 comment:

  1. Been thinking about you most of today. Kind of at a loss for words, but am praying for you and yet I know that you have God's strength and you're shielded and protected under his wing!!

    Love ya,
    Sis Deb

    ReplyDelete