Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Goodbye Dad


14 Oct 09

A Sad day. My dad lost his 3-year battle with cancer yesterday (Tuesday, Oct. 13). He passed away in a hospice facility around 1:30 pm. He fought a good fight and showed us how to have faith all the way to the end.
I love you dad, and will miss you dearly. I know you are in a better place and I know that I will see you again when we all get to heaven. (ps: tell Jesus I said HI, would ya?)
I read this poem just today in the funeral home. It's called "Come to Me."
God saw you getting tired, and a cure was not to be, so He put His arms around you, and whispered, "Come Home to me." With tearful eyes, we watched you suffer, and saw you fade away. Although we couldn't bear to lose you, we could not ask you to stay. A golden heart stopped beating, hard working hands laid to rest. God broke our hearts to prove to us, that He only takes the Best." (Author unknown).
I'll go home and spend time with family for a few days before returning to the military training. My dad asked me to officiate at his funeral, and I will be honored to do that. (This picture was taken back in March, 2009, on his 76th birthday). I love you dad.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry, Darren. Big hugs, and prayers for you and your family. May God's peace surround you all.

    ReplyDelete