Sunday, April 04, 2010

Happy Easter - 2010


Easter Sunday
April 4, 2010
Happy Easter, everyone! This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it! (Psalm 118:24). I am currently passing through a muslim country praising God for the life, death and resurrection of His Son, Jesus Christ. Never thought I'd be doing or saying that here! As for today, it does not look like I will get to lead an Easter service, as we're still hoping to hop to another FOB later this afternoon to visit more of our troops. It has been a slow morning so far, which allowed me to spend time reading the story of Christ's death and resurrection from Luke's gospel (chapters 23-24). I have also been praying through and claiming the promises of Psalm 91 for myself and my Soldiers. I have decided to pray this every day for my battalion, and I believe God will honor that prayer coverage. I honestly believe God will bring my guys through without any more harm or death. God also says of the one who is devoted to him: "When he calls to me I will answer him; I will be with him in times of trouble. I will rescue him and give him honor. I will satisfy him with a long life and show him my salvation." (Psalm 91:15-16). I'm counting on that!

A closing Benediction for today: I like the passage found in Numbers 6:24-26:

The Lord bless you and protect you;
The Lord make His face shine on you, and be gracious to you.
The Lord look with favor on you and give you peace. (Amen).

Happy Easter from the other side of the world!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Easter. Praying for you and with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shared this posting with my Sunday School teacher. She and I both agree that you are an inspiration to us!

    ReplyDelete