Thursday, April 29, 2010

Recent Pictures




29 April

Well, we made it back to our home base today after a few days away. I have many more of those short trips planned before this is all over, which is both good and bad. It is good because you get out ad see people and see new areas. It's bad because the traveling part is a drag. Once you're there it is fun... but getting there stinks. Lots of waiting around at airports or landing zones (LZs) for helicopters. And some trips, like today, take 3 hours to go in a zig-zag route to the final destination. A straight shot would have been 30 minutes. I was tired of being on that helicopter!

Anyway, I wanted to share a few pictures from the last trip. I really enjoyed the mountains and the village near this particular FOB. Lot's of scenic views.


1 comment:

  1. I got to meet your wife tonight, in person-like real life! Very cool....and a little birdie told me that it's your birthday Saturday...so HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Praying your day is blessed. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete