Saturday, May 01, 2010

My Birthday Promotion











1 May

It has been a great day! Not only is it my birthday, but I also got promoted from 1LT to the rank of CPT (Captain) today as well. What a great memory. I will attach a few pictures of the ceremony, with my commander slapping the new rank on my chest! My wife also made the day very special by taking the time to make a video of family, friends, neighbors, and Sunday school classmates wishing me a Happy Birthday, too. She also ordered me a care package of chips and salsa to be shipped here to me. It arrived yesterday. That was awesome. The care packages from home were filled with love, and were greatly appreciated.
I feel like God has done a work in my life the last 6 weeks or so. I went from being down in the dumps and hating my job, to feeling more confident, needed, and honored by my peers and troops. I have been reading through the Psalms and see some of this in King David's words when he cried out to God to rescue him and protect him, etc. God answers those prayers. He draws close to the broken hearted and loves to come through for us, as author John Eldredge (from Wild at Heart) likes to say. I can attest to that. I thank God for my wife, who helped make my birthday special, and I praise God for all the blessings He has given me--including this deployment!




No comments:

Post a Comment