Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Army Achievement Medal







2 Feb 2010
Tonight was a good night. My Men's group had 11 members show up tonight for our discussion, and it went well. We're reading through the book, Point Man, by Steve Farrar. It's a great book, and tonight's chapter was on Christian men not reading the Bible and even when they do, not applying it to their lives. He calls this "Spiritual Anorexia and Bulimia," and he's got a great point.
But the other big news is that I got my first military award tonight. It's the kind of medal that you wear on your dress blue uniform to impress everyone. It is called the Army Achievement Medal and it is for "exceptional service as the battalion Chaplain" for the mobilization period and the first 60 days here in theater. My Company Commander put me in for it as she wanted to recognize me and award my work. I was pretty touched by that, and I'm honored. (Another 1LT Soldier was also honored by our commander tonight as well. That's her standing next to me).

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Darren! I'm so very proud to call you my brother (-in-law) !!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete