Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Goodbye Clara and Home on Leave


Tues 23Feb

I am writing this back in the United States because I am suddenly home on Emergency Leave. My mother-in-law died last Friday afternoon. She had been sick for awhile, but it's still very hard and sad to lose a loved one. I was a very fortunate young husband to have had a mother-in-law who loved me and accepted me so easily and generously into her family. She was a wonderful woman who loved her family, her grandkids, her Cincinnati Reds, her beloved Elvis, and a good game of Shanghai! We loved you, too, Clara, and I will miss you.
This is a favorite picture of my wife and her mom, taken in almost exactly three years ago.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'm so sorry, Darren. It surely feels like your family has been through ALOT in the last little while. Praying for you all. And thanking God you got to come home...even though it's lousy circumstances. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete