Friday, August 27, 2010

Finally Home



27 Aug Friday

I am finally home. It was a tearful reunion at the airport, as both my family and members of my local Reserve Unit came to greet us when we arrived. It was awesome. I finally got to hug and kiss my wife and kids and know that I will not be leaving again anytime soon.
Now that I'm home, I plan on not doing a whole lot for a few weeks. I'll then take a good look at my options and see what God has in store for me/us next.
I want to thank you all for following along with my blog over the last year and a half. It was fun to write and I hope it was (almost) as much fun to read. Thanks for joining me on this fantastic journey to Afghanistan and back, and I can only hope that God has spoken to you through this in some way shape or form. I know He did for me!
Check back in again soon. I am not exactly sure how I want to finish this little blog-journey, but I know that I will bring it to and end sometime soon. I understand you can publish your own blogs and turn them into personalized books. I may do that in the near future. But as for now... I thank God for bringing me through this safely and I praise Him for te opportunity to serve Him as a Chaplain and come home to my family. Now I want to relax and do a whole lot of nothing! Talk to you again soon....

1 comment:

  1. Chaplain Darren,
    It sure would be a shame to end your blog now. I think people would be interested in what you do after this deployment -- how you serve in the unit, how you serve your soldiers now that you are back. And you know as long as you're wearing the uniform there will be another chance to go again, so the ramp-up process would be interesting from a second-look perspective. Also, it would be good to relate family fun/issues to the readers you have so they can take some guidance back to their own situation (civilian reorientation issues, family reorientation issues, etc.).

    You could also get involved in the Wounded Warrior Project and blog that.

    Thanks for your service and enjoy your new found relations with your family. God bless.

    COL(Ret)Mike Bennett

    P.S. I also have a blog which is fun to do. Check it out: www.retiredguy391.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete