Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Prayers Needed

Tuesday 24 Aug
I am very frustrated. The last five days have been so slow and inefficient that we all just want to scream. Here we are, just days from being done with this thing and home with our families, and the Army (in it's infinite wisdom) decides to take a four-day process and stretch it into eight! It has been unbelievable how much time has been wasted since last Thursday and how much sitting around we have done during that period as well. The schedule calls it "decompression time", which is basically a fancy way of saying we don't have anything scheduled for you, so just sit around. It's absurd. We could--and should--be done with this process already, but NO, that would make sense. Instead, they have us here a few more days before we all get released. We're all going stir-crazy.

But I had another reason for blogging today: I wanted to ask for your prayers. I have been seeking God's guidance regarding my immediate future after this deployment. But God has been very silent on this topic. I am not sure why, but I know enough to trust Him and wait. So I would like to ask for your prayers to do just that, and to have the spiritual eyes and ears to discern what He wants me to do. Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. I will definitely pray for you right now. Listen we have to be patient with the Lord. I know that's hard to do- I am the worst person for that. "For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing." James 1:3-4. Chaplain Darren God will be with you- he is always with you know matter where you are at, (overseas, in your car, in the bathroom) especially since he has given us the Holy Spirit. Keep your head up high and your eyes focused on him- God has not forgotten about you Chaplain Darren. God Bless,
    Sean Flaherty

    ReplyDelete