Monday, August 02, 2010

Relief in Place (RIP)





2 Aug

Well, it's definitely coming to an end. We are officially into our RIP process, which means your replacements are here and you are in the training phase. One week where we train them, and the second week where we slide out of the way. It's a great feeling. I am attaching a picture of my replacement, Chaplain Cox. He has hit the ground running and seems to have a good handle on things so far. He comes into the Army as a former pastor, so he has a pastor's heart as well. I think he'll do great. I am also attaching a picture of my room on the day I moved out and gave it to Chaplain Cox. It was weird. This was my home away from home for almost a year. The final picture is of the "clam shell" where they are getting ready to receive part of a brigade coming through here soon. There were no other spaces available for these new soldiers, so they set up almost 150 cots in this big open tent area. It is miserably hot in there in the day, so this is going to get ugly. As for me, I have been sleeping on a similar style cot in a buddy's room. But today I secured a place near the main post chapel starting tomorrow. In the end, however, I will be out in the big open tents will all of my Soldiers. By that time I won't care! I'm soooooo ready for this to be over.
Please pray for me this week. I have to deal with some administrative stuff that I have been avoiding, and so I could use your prayers. It will be an important week as we train the new team, but also a hard one, too. But once we get past this it will be smooth (or smoother?) sailing to the finish line. ..... I hope.



1 comment: