Friday, December 25, 2009

After Christmas Thoughts




26 Dec 09
It is the morning after Christmas for me and all is well. It was a good Christmas, I must admit. If you have to be away from home, I suppose this was not a bad way to do it or a bad place to be. I was able to attend a worship service in the morning, and then I went with my fellow junior officers and helped serve food to the other Soldiers coming through one of the dining facilities. That was fun --- although I would not want that job day in and day out! Boy, those guys work hard! Then, in the afternoon, I went for a run with one of the male officers who has become a good friend (he's the guy with the blue gloves and the big smile in the food service picture above). The weather here has been wonderful recently, so it made for a great day. After a huge dinner (they feed us well on the major holidays), I finished off the night with a movie. The main chapel was showing "The Nativity Story" in the early evening and since I had never seen it, I thought it would be a nice way to end a good day. The Lord gave me activities and friends and worship to get me through the day.

I hope it was also a wonderful Christmas for you, where ever that may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment