Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Week Before Christmas


17 Dec 09

We are working hard to send out all of the care packages we are receiving from all over the country. My assistant signed us up for several on-line programs where people can send gifts and care packages and stockings to us for the holidays. It has been an amazing thing to see all of the generosity from total strangers who want to support the Troops. And a special thank you to my very own church who sent more Christmas stockngs than I can count! Our office is filled with your boxes, by the way. But it is an honor to get to play Santa to the Soldiers because I then send them out to our troops at the FOBs out in the hills. Some of those guys don't get much access to the store, so the gifts are very much appreciated.

I am attaching a recent photo of myself sitting in one of our convoy vehicles. I don't go with the teams that drive these massive vehicles, but they asked me to be there when they left to say a prayer for their safety and to bless the truck! Not a problem. I was happy to do so.
I also just started a Men's Bible study group this past week. I sent out an email to see if there was any interest, and had 13 guys respond immediately. I am excited about the possibilities and would appreciate your prayers on this new ministry opportunity. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment