Tuesday, September 01, 2009

"He Will Carry Me"

Sept 1, 2009

It's almost time to leave, and I'm mentally getting ready. There is quite a bit of packing yet to be done, and I have to figure out how to pack a year of my life into two duffle bags! The next few days will be hard, especially the goobdbyes to my family. Please keep us in your prayers.

I wanted to share with you the words and music of one of my favorite Christian artists, Mark Schultz. He has a song called, "He Will Carry Me" that will be my theme song for the next year. I will share this every chance I get with my Soldiers. I am not sure if this web link will work, but if it does you can watch his video. Try this:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1511618382816071372

The words are below:

I call, You hear me I’ve lost it all And it’s more than I can bear.I feel so empty
You’re strong I’m weary I’m holdin’ on But I feel like givin’ in But still You’re with me

chorus: And even though I’m walkin’ through The valley of the shadow I will hold tight to the hand of Him Whose love will comfort me And when all hope is gone And I’ve been wounded in the battle He is all the strength that I will Ever need And He will carry me

I know I’m broken But You alone Can mend this heart of mine You’re always with me
(chorus)
And even though I feel so lonely Like I’ve never been before You never said it would be easy But You said you’d see me through The storm
(chorus)


It is a powerful song that has taken on new meaning for me recently. Perhaps it can speak to you if/when you go through tough times as well.

Talk to you again soon.

2 comments:

  1. will be keeping you in prayer, Darren. Do good, stay safe. Thanks for going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Darren,

    I've already started recruiting prayer warriors for you and your unit. Hopefully we'll be like the nagging, persistent lady to the judge that finally gives in and says, "OKAY, your prayers have been answered!" That's paraphrased of course :)

    I'll do all that can humanly be done to keep watch over Regina and the girls!! They're a wild bunch, but I think it's manageable. If life gets too boring, I'll take Dudley and Jimmy over for a sleep-over with Mr. Zoe. Now, that should spark an interesting event.

    Be safe, stay in His will and I'll see you some time in 2010!!

    Love ya,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete