Saturday, July 03, 2010

Prayer Needed

3 July
Happy early 4th of July to all. I will be traveling all next week, so please pray for our safety and ministry efforts. There are serious morale issues going on in this battalion and it is effecting me, too. I believe in Ephesians 6:10-18 and know in my heart there is a spiritual battle going on here, too. We're not just at war with the Taliban over here, but the unseen realm as well. I am being attacked and stretched way beyond my comfort zone and at times feel very alone. I know that I am not, of course, as God's Word tells me that He will never leave me nor forsake me, and I am counting on the promises of Scripture. But it can be very hard nonetheless. I also know that He who is with me is greater than anything working against me, so I take comfort in that knowledge as well. I love the story in the Bible of when Elisha prays that God would open the eyes of his servant to see the hills around them surrounded with angels and chariots of fire ready to protect them (2 Kings 6:15-17). At times I wish I could see that, too! I would value your prayers for me and my troops until this thing is over.

1 comment:

  1. Darren, We are praying for you. You have the right thoughts and leaning in God's arms. Satan will do all he can to win the battle, especially as your journey is nearing the end. Stand in His strength and stay in the full armor of God!!

    Love ya,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete