Sunday, January 04, 2009

Go Buckeye's!

1-4-09
2030 hrs

Yes, you read that right! This is the only time you may ever hear me say that, but I am a Buckeye fan today! God answered two of my recent prayers through Ohio State fans, and so I have to praise His sense of humor. 1st, my next door neighbor, Mark, helped us set up a new computer before I left. That was so helpful and appreciated. And 2nd, I arrived without a car, and so I knew I needed some help driving around the base (to the clothing store, the PX, etc.), and so I began praying for a new friend with a car here in the program! And God already answered that prayer today with a new friend named Doug from Columbus, Ohio. (Go figure!) We met in the lobby and he was heading to Walmart and invited me to go along.

Goes to show, God can even use a Buckeye!

As for the first day of class... lots of paperwork already. They call this "In-Processing" and it's all about getting your pay accurate! So when they tell you that, it promotes patience in the crowd. There seems to be about 80 new Chaplains here in this class (all but 5 are male), some of which are in their 50s. Three people raised their hands to state they were already grandparents. But most appear to be in their high 20s to high 30s. I guess I'm almost over the hill by Army standards.

Let me post my mailing address here, as it may be different from what I was originally told:

My Name and Rank (1LT)
USACHCS
CH-BOLC Class #09-001
10100 Lee Road
Fort Jackson, SC 29207-7090

I hope to hear from you, either post a comment or send a letter.
Goodnight.

1 comment: