Sunday, January 04, 2009

I made it to Fort Jackson










1-4-09




Yesterday was a travel day for me. I said goodbye to my family in a tearful moment in the airport and flew to Atlanta before catching a shorter flight to Columbia, South Carolina. My cousin brought his son and they met me in the Atlanta airport for a hour. It was nice to see them and catch up. Ironicaly, while waiting for the 2nd flight I got to catch most of the 4th quarter of the AZ Cardinals beating the Atlanta Falcons in the NFL playoffs. That was cool.

Despite the fog, I finally made it to Fort Jackson and then to my room. I am staying in a 5 story brick building that has a feel of a mix between a college dorm and an extended-stay hotel. I actually have a small apartment, with a kitchen, bedroom, living room area and bedroom (see pictures). I can't complain... yet. Although the loud speaker on a pole outside my building did blast reveille at 0600 this morning (Sunday!). For some reason they don't want you sleeping in around here! Oh well, welcome to the Army. I have to report for my first class this afternoon at 1400, so I'll let you know how that went later.






2 comments:

  1. So glad you made it there safely. That was an awesome football game too! Go Cardinals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blogs! They're so exciting and awesome! Keep writing exciting and awesome blogs!

    ReplyDelete