Saturday, January 17, 2009

Reflections


1-17-09

It was the first full Saturday off of the Program, so it should have been a great day... but it was not. I did some laundry and reading for an assignment (we have to write a 3-page paper on the Ethics of an Army Officer due Tuesday), and even went for a run this afternoon, but the day still had a shadow over it. My wife had car trouble at home and a few other household issues that I normally would have taken care of had I been there. But of course, that is impossible right now. So ironically, it was hard on both of us. It was hard to be here knowing I cannot help her back there, if that makes any sense. And Satan has a way of making you think twice about your decisions, especially when it gets hard, and definitely anything having to do with serving the Lord. But I know where those messages are coming from, and I know God is not a God of confusion nor did He lead me here to fail. So I have to draw strength and comfort in His promise that He will "never leave not forsake me." I know that goes for my wife and kids, too. Amen to that.

Please keep us in your prayers. Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. You are in my prayers.

    Tell your wife to call if she needs anything....we are glad to help....any way we can.

    Ephesians 6:11-20

    Lena

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been reading stuff on ethics management. It sounds so easy, why do we make it difficult.... Hope all is going well! Deb

    ReplyDelete