Friday, January 09, 2009

Web Cam




1-9-09


It's the first Friday night of the program, and we have to do more marching and drills tomorrow for another long day. No rest for the weary. I wanted to show you a neat picture of what our webcam set-up looks like. The picture you see here is what I see when I call home on the webcam. It has been wonderful for us, as I can see and talk to the family in real-time. It have really been a blessing to me/us.

Well, they taught us today how to stand at attention, parade rest, salute, about-face command and a few others. Try standing in big 'ol boots at attention for an hour or more. It becomes very uncomfortable real quick. I even think the "at ease" position (with legs about shoulder width apart and hands clasped behind your back) can get uncomfortable, too. It seemed like most of us were rubbing sore muscles and complaining about sore feet. Even some of the guys with prior military service, so I didn't feel like such a wimp.

I am also including a picture of my fellow Chaplain friend, Doug. Some of you asked for a picture of him, so here goes. He has a wife going through the same separation issues back in Ohio, so please add her to your list. (I do not remember her name, but I'll find out).

Have a great weekend and I'll add more soon.... -D

2 comments:

  1. Hi Darren,
    Just thought I would post you a note and let you know we were thinking about you here in Kentucky. You, Regina and the girls are in our thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, technology sure makes communicating a lot nicer! Your little girls are extra special and they sure look like they love you. I hope to get my webcam setup soon. Santa left it under the tree for me this Christmas.

    Take care and stay in touch!
    Love ya, Debbie

    ReplyDelete